** U S A [and non]. From the Isle of Music & Uncle Bill’s Melting Pot
From the Isle of Music episodes for November 12-December 2:
1. For the week of November 12-18, our special guests are from Manguare, one of the leading bands in Cuba’s Nueva Trova movement. We will be spending the hour with them with a lot of music.
2. For the week of November 19-25, we will rebroadcast one of our favorite episodes from 2016, which includes award-winning Jazz piano virtuoso Harold López-Nussa and other good things.
3. For the week of November 26-December 2, we will feature some interpretations of part of Schubert’s Trout Quintet led by Cuban pianist Frank Fernández along with an part of an intriguing album from the 1980s, Leningrado, featuring moments by several of Cuba’s Jazz elite from the time.
Four opportunities to listen on shortwave:
1. For Eastern Europe but audible well beyond the target area in most of the Eastern Hemisphere (including parts of East Asia and Oceania) with 100 kW, Sunday 1500-1600 UT on SpaceLine, 9400, from Kostinbrod, Bulgaria (1800-1900 MSK)
2. For the Americas and parts of Europe, Tuesday 0100-0200 UT on WBCQ, 7490 from Monticello, ME, USA (Monday 8-9 PM EST in the US)
NOTE THAT UT CHANGED FOR B17 BUT EASTERN US TIME IS STILL THE SAME.
3 & 4. For Europe and sometimes beyond, Tuesday 1900-2000 UT and Saturday 1200-1300 UT on Channel 292, 6070 from Rohrbach, Germany.
Uncle Bill’s Melting Pot episodes for November 12-November 26
Here is fair warning of next 3 episodes of Uncle Bill’s Melting Pot:
Episode 36 (November 12): Funky music from Benin
Episode 37 (November 19): German versions of hits from other countries
Episode 38 (November 26): Bluegrass meets Hard Rock
Sundays 2300-2330 UT (6:00-6:30 PM Eastern US) on WBCQ The Planet 7490 from the US to the Americas and parts of Europe. Thanks for all you do for radio! (William “Bill” Tilford, Owner/Producer, Tilford Productions, LLC, Nov 8, DX LISTENING DIGEST)